Welcome to TV Licence - Online
TELEVISION LICENSE FEE COLLECTION MODALITIES
- PERIOD OF LICENCE
In 2015 all Television Users and Owners will be required to pay and be issued with a licence for the period covering the full year to 31st December 2015.
- MODE OF PAYMENT
The resumption of the collection of TV License Fee shall largely be made electronically. However, there will be manual payments in some few selected rural areas for the first phase that will continue till the end of the year.
- WHERE TO PAY
- Users are strictly advised to pay for their TV Licence at the designated PAY POINTS specified below by GBC for now. This is to facilitate payment and prevent unscrupulous people from collecting the fee. The public will be duly informed when other pay points are introduced. All pay points will be branded with the “PAY YOUR TV LICENCE HERE” POSTER as shown in Attachment A.
1.3.2 Designated Pay Points (Summary)
- GBC Head Office – Kanda
- All GBC Regional Offices/Radio Stations
- GBC Mobile Branded Collection Teams
- Ghana Post Offices (366 in number)
- All Banks on e-Transact
- Other Banks not on e-Transact
- Mobile Money Transfer
- DETAILS OF PAY POINTS
- GBC Head Office – Kanda
- Selected Locations in Accra – (GBC Mobile Branded Collection Team)
- 2.3 GBC Regional Offices/ Radio Stations
- Tema Obonu
- Central Radio Central
- Western Twin City Radio
- Eastern Sunrise FM
- Ashanti (Oseikrom) Garden City Radio
- Ashanti (Adum) Garden City Radio
- Ashanti SEFWI WIASO
- Brong Ahafo Radio BAR
- Northern Savannah Radio
- Upper West Radio Upper West
- Upper East URA Radio
- Volta Volta Star FM
- Volta Kete Krachi
- Western Enchi
- Ghana Post Offices (366 Offices Nationwide)
- 165 INTERNET ENABLED OFFICES
- 201 OFFICES WITHOUT INTERNET ACCESS
- All Banks on e-Transact
- United Bank of Africa
- Universal Merchant Bank
- First Atlantic Bank
- First Capital Plus
- UT Bank
- Energy Bank
- Bank of Africa
- Ghana Commercial Bank
- All Banks on IT Consortium
- Agric Bank
- CAL Bank
- Prudential Bank
- HFC Bank
- MOBILE MONEY TRANSFER
- MTN Ghana
- Airtel Ghana
- Tigo Ghana
- ELECTRONIC CARDS (Visa/Master Card etc.)
- MAJOR STREETS FOR TV LICENCE TEAM DEPLOYMENT
GBC Branded Mobile Collection Teams will be deployed later at vantage points at these locations. They will be identified with the “Pay Your TV Licence Fee Here” Posters and GBC Paraphernalia.
- Osu Oxford Street
- Melcom Plus
- Accra West Hills Mall
- Accra Mall
- Spintex Road
- Tema Harbour Area
- Opera Square
- Tema Harbour Area
Note: Designated major streets in the Regions will be published in due course
- PAYMENT MECHANISMS
- ELECTRONIC PAYMENT SYSTEM
- All users in Accra and other parts of the country with internet access shall be required to register online through the GBC Website: tvlicence.com.gh.
- Further to the above, users without access to internet will be assisted to register online at the designated pay points to complete the Notice of Ownership Form to enable payments to be made.
- The electronic payment process will be as follows:
- In order to facilitate payments, all users shall be required to complete the TV Licence Ownership Form on the GBC website: tvlicence.com.gh
- The forms have been categorized into two as follows:
These electronic forms allow individuals and organizations to pay for the TV Licence for other owned properties and branches across the country simultaneously.
- The basic mandatory information needed for the registration are as follows;
- DOMESTIC USERS
- First Name
- Mobile Phone Number
- Email Address
- No of Houses/Households
- House/Street Number(s)
- Number of TV Sets in each House/Household
- Entity’s Name
- Entity’s Registration Number
- Entity’s TIN NUMBER
- Email Address
- Contact Person’s Name
- Contact Person’s Mobile
- Company’s Postal Address
- Number of Outlets
- House/Street Number
- Number of TV Sets in each Location
- REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT PROCESS
- Login to our website tvlicence.com.gh
- Fill in your details as stated above
- Submit the information for registration and receive Registration ID
- Proceed to make payment at any of the designated pay points
- Please note that no electronic payments can be made without registration and the subsequent ID.
- The completion of the form electronically, is a one -off activity, but mandatory to setup the database to manage the payment and facilitate reporting. This is expected to take some few minutes to complete. Trained staff will be on hand to provide assistance where necessary. The TV licence C all Centre will also be available during working hours to assist the public in case of any difficulty.
(Contact: DIRECT LINE 0302 770421, MOBILE NUMBER 0561100800 & 0561100900)
- The form when submitted will register users and issue a Registration Identification Number via SMS and email (if provided). All users are required to keep their ID for all future payments even though they can be verified with the user’s mobile phone number in case they are forgotten. It is therefore mandatory that a mobile number or an email address is given by the user when registering. This number must not necessarily belong to the user in case the user does not own a mobile phone.
- When the registration is completed, the transactional database of all registered users’ will now be made available to all GBC Head Office, Regional Offices, all Banks on E-Transact , all 165 Ghana Post Offices with Internet access across the country and certain selected popular streets and locations in Accra with internet access for payment.
- Users should spend minimal time at the designated pay points when making payments, if registrations are done beforehand. The details of the pay points stated above will be published on the GBC website – tvlicence.com.gh, in the dailies and all media platforms for the attention of the general public to facilitate and ease payments.
- Electronic printed Receipts will be issued to users who pay by installment and a licence issued for full payment only. Both payments will be confirmed with an SMS alert.
3.2 MANUAL PAYMENTS
- Users will be able to pay at 201 out of the 366 Ghana Post Offices that are not connected to the internet and at all the designated pay points.
- Manual receipts and licences will be issued at these Offices for installment and full payment basis respectively.
- These pay points will be branded with the “Pay your TV Licence Poster” for easy identification.
- Users should always check out and insist on the following security features on all manual Licences, Receipts, Invoices and the Notice of Ownership form;
- Invisible ultra-valet ink used to print the Coa t of Arms at the background,
- Black-red penetrating ink for serial numbering,
- duillouche background
- Users should always ensure that their manual licences are endorsed with a Ghana Post Stamp if paid in a Post Office.
- Users should also ensure that the GBC Mobile Team engaged for commercial and dealers’ Licences fee collections carry along a TV Licence branded ID cards, official stamp, original licences with all the security features etc and must be wearing a GBC-TV Licence jacket. Please ensure all licences are endorsed with the stamp of the Team.
- Always test and ensure that the mobile number given by the Team on the face of the licence is with them and operational.
3.3 OTHER MODES OF PAYMENTS FOR COMMERCIAL USERS & DEALERS
- ALL Commercial Users and Dealers will also register online and pay through the designated pay points accordingly.
- Commercial Operators
- cover the following categories of users
- Hotels/Guest Houses etc.
- Video Theatres/Rentals
- Sales Outlets (whether Home Used or Brand New Sets)
- All Commercial Operators whose details are currently obtained from the Ghana Tourist Board will be registered on the database and invoiced separately.
- All Commercial users and Dealers will be required to pay in full the TV Licence fee for the current year 2015 within One month from the date of invoice.
- In addition to the above arrangements, GBC Branded TV Licence Task Force Teams will be deployed across the country to check for the licences of the above users. Commercial Users will be given the opportunity to register and pay for their licences from now to December, 2015.
- However the TV Licence Team is making the necessary efforts to contact the various Commercial users and Dealers Associations to facilitate collections. The associations are to furnish GBC with the softcopy of their membership list and details required to enable billing. The users under these categories will be able to pay for their outlets and branches across the country with one registration.
4.0 AGENCY ENGAGEMENTS
- Agency engagements will be considered before the end of the year (i.e. 31st December 2015) after this first phase.
- Thus no agents have been engaged yet by GBC to collect any TV licence fees on behalf of the Corporation f rom Domestic Users.
- The general public should therefore not entertain any persons who come to their homes under the deception as a TV LICENCE AGENT.
- GBC shall inform the general public about the due date for Agency deployment and the security mechanism put in place to prevent any unscrupulous person(s) from collecting the fee for their benefit.
In case of any enquiries and challenges, users can contact GBC TV Licence Department.
5.1 HEAD OFFICE
DIRECT LINE 0302 770421, MOBILE NUMBER 0561100800, 0561100900.
5.2 REGIONS /RADIO STATIONS
Twin City Radio
Volta Star Radio – Ho
Garden City Radio
Radio Upper West – WA
URA Radio – Bolga
5.3 GBC has also set up an interactive website, which can also be accessed at (www.tvlicence.com.gh)
6.0 SPECIAL APPEAL TO ALL TV USERS/OWNERS
In as much as there are penalties for non-payment, GBC makes a special appeal to the good people of Ghana to voluntarily use the pay points now designated for payment. GBC shall continue to make it easy for all users to make payment. The pay points will be increased as time goes on, and adequate information provided to assist users/owners of TV Sets.